Storytime: Nair Gone Wrong

Hey guys.
Welcome back.

Today I’m going to tell you all a story about something that happened to Carly and I five years ago. It’s embarrassing, but I learned a good lesson from it.

So you all know the Nair stuff that you supposedly rub on your legs, then you wait a few minutes and the hair magically falls off your legs. Apparently it’s easier than shaving and it was pretty popular back then.

~Flashback five years ago~

Carly and I were 15 years old 

One day, Carly and I saw it and we wanted to give it a try. We were (and still are),both lazy and we hated shaving our legs. It’s a lot of effort. Guys, you just don’t understand. We went to Walmart and got a bottle of it. We were super excited. It even said it was supposed to keep your legs smooth twice as long as shaving would. Yet another plus. We thought this was going to be a huge breakthrough.


We go back to my house and run to my bathroom. We read the instructions and started rubbing it all over our legs. *First mistake* You’ll see why later in the story.

The instructions said to leave it on for like five minutes or something. Mine felt really tingly for some reason. Carly’s didn’t though. I didn’t think anything of it. In the process of me being slightly concerned as to why mine was tingly, Carly squirted some out and it got on her arm without her realizing *Second mistake*. I think you know where that one is going.

So five minutes, or however long it was supposed to be went by. The Nair came with a sponge that you were supposed to get wet then wipe the substance off with after the time had passed. That’s exactly what we did. We were so shocked to see that all the hair came off our legs and they were super smooth. Squeals of happiness were heard in my house. We thought we would never have to shave again.

Then… everything starts to go downhill.

We were sitting out in my kitchen eating awhile later. My legs were kind of itchy, but I still didn’t think much of it. I was just so happy. Then Carly looked down at her arm and noticed she had a bald spot from the Nair. “Oh, damn.” That’s what she said.

We’re giggling about her premature bald spot on her arm when I couldn’t take the itching on my legs anymore. I took my sweats off (I was wearing shorts underneath because it was summer), and MY LEGS WERE COVERED IN HIVES!!!

I instantly ran to the bathroom and looked at the back of the Nair bottle. Below the instructions it said “Before trying out product, test on a small area on skin. If no irritation occurs in the next 24 hours, you may use.” 

We learned some valuable lessons that day. Carly learned that when you get Nair anywhere on you, you’re going to lose that hair there. She’s still bald on her arm in that one spot. I learned that you should read all the warnings and labels before you try something. Never again will we use Nair. I’ll stick to shaving my legs like a normal girl and there’s nothing wrong with looking like Bigfoot.

Social Media 

Instagram: Abby_Marie.12
Snapchat: Abbs717
Twitter: Abby_Marie2194
Pinterest: AbbyCarroll360

YouTube: Carly Started Her Own Band with a Straw

2 thoughts on “Storytime: Nair Gone Wrong

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: