Okay, so you aren’t really my blood sister. But I’ve known you since you were just a little kid. We’ve always been close, so that makes us sisters right? I mean, we’ve had ‘sister fights’ and ‘sister talks about boys’ and so many other ‘sister’ things. That definitely makes us sisters.
I’ve watched you grow up. I’ve been there to see huge milestones in your life. Like going into middle school, graduating Jr. High and moving onto high school (Good job by the way, I’m so freaking proud of you!). Soon you’ll be getting your license and that honestly terrifies me. You’re not grown up enough! I remember you being a little girl wanting to slide down the stairs on blankets. Now you’re going to be driving, going on dates and so much more!
Not only have I been there in the past, but I’m going to be there for you in the future, whenever you need me I’ll be here! Even though we don’t live next to each other anymore, I’m just a 5 minute drive away.
Let’s name off some memories we’ve had with each other growing up:
- The time I stayed at your house and we stayed up all night. We were so sleep deprived making that pizza at 2 in the morning we found everything so funny we couldn’t shut up to save our lives.
- The time you were standing on a stool and the stool leg gave out and you came plummeting 2 feet to your floor. I’m sorry but that’s still the funniest thing you’ve ever done haha. By far the best memory ever! I just wish I had a video of it to show everybody… but sadly I don’t.
- Walking up to Casey’s when it was 10 degrees outside wearing t-shirts and shorts with our Uggs. What were we thinking?!
- All those nights gossiping about boys in your room and going through all your lip balms. Do you still have all of those?
- Hanging out at all the basketball games together and road tripping to the far away games.
- All the countless times we’ve had a picnic on my trampoline and ended up falling asleep.
Although we’re growing up, you’re still my little sister and you always will be. Your family is my family and vice versa. I can’t wait to see you grow up and watch all the amazing things you’re going to do. Just remember, if you ever need somebody to talk to about all the drama in your life or just need to hangout I’m here. I love you little sister 💙